At Redworth Hall we are dedicated to ensuring that all guests feel comfortable and welcome during their stay. If you have any specific questions or requests regarding accessibility, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team on [email protected] or the main switchboard 01388 770600. We look forward to hosting you and making your stay both enjoyable and hassle-free.
- We are available to assist you throughout the booking process and can be reached through various contact methods to cater to your requirements. Our team are on hand to help you every day via telephone 01388 770600 or through email at : [email protected]
- Our office hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Saturday which ensures our team can promptly verify room availability and assign the appropriate room for your stay.
- For those with blue badges we have a small number of spaces at the front of the Hotel for your use. These are in front of the original house with the main hotel entrance on the right hand side.
- We also have 6 disabled badge parking spaces adjacent to the rear events and Retreat Spa entrance for your use.
- For hotel residents with accessibility challenges arriving to check in we would always recommend that you drive up to the original Hall entrance at the front of the hotel before parking. If you need assistance once outside and prior to checking in, then you can call us on 01388 700600 option 0 and one of our team can come to you and offer assistance.
- Once at reception you will find a friendly and welcoming team who will help you through the check in process and to reach your room/s providing any assistance necessary. Reception has a hearing induction loop. They can also prepare a personal emergency evacuation plan with you.
- The two main hotel entrances are both easily accessible with level access and open 24 hours a day. Once inside the hotel you will find that it is laid out over many differing levels but all can be reached via passenger and wheelchair lifts.
- Accessible toilets are available, one very close to the main reception desk where you check in and another one within each of our events ladies and gents’ toilets. These are purpose designed with extra handrails, wider doors and own sinks.
- The hotel has two primary passenger lifts, both with a good-sized door and openings suitable for most wheelchairs, including motorised chairs. Together with audible floor announcements and alarms with braille buttons.
- Redworth Hall has 3 adapted bedrooms purposely designed to meet most mobility needs. These are rooms 101 and 201 and room 612.
- All rooms are equipped with alarms in both the bedroom and bathroom linked to our 24-hr manned reception desk.
- The 3 bathrooms are all wet rooms with shower seats and extra rails and again designed to meet most needs.
- In addition, the hotel has a number of rooms with a separate walk in shower for those who do not require the fully adapted bedrooms but may require a shower only. Our team can help with your booking needs.
- At reception we have a Deaf guard vibration and strobe unit suitable for those with limited or loss of hearing.
- All our bedrooms have a door hanger to display outside your door should you wish to receive assistance in the event of an evacuation.
- Our 1744 Restaurant is on the ground floor behind the hotel’s main reception and easily accessed. This is where breakfast and dinner are served daily. We also provide room service options for breakfast and dinner can be delivered to your room. Our Cocktail bar is located next to the 1744 Restaurant and serves lighter meals and snacks as does the Retreat Lounge located at the Retreat Club & Spa.
- Our restaurant team do have access to larger print copies of the restaurant menu and are happy to talk you through the options if this helps.
Meeting & events spaces
- All our meeting and event spaces are comfortable and have natural light and all are easily accessible. To access the restaurant from the main event area (Prince Bishop Suite & Foyer) there is a requirement to use a wheelchair lift or steps. We have options that may ease or resolve this issue, so do contact our events staff if you have any concerns at [email protected] .
Retreat Club facilities
- Our Retreat Club is located further up the main drive just after the original hall and on the right with its own dedicated entrance at ground level.
- You enter the Retreat through the Retreat Lounge which serves food and drinks 8am – 5pm daily. From this on the same level is our hair salon and the treatment areas.
- Using a wheelchair lift down one flight to the changing areas and pool hall. We have 3 individual changing areas and the leisure team can assist and guide as needed.
- Poolside there is level access into our sauna and steam room. Those wanting to use the pool and Jacuzzi will need to be able to use the steps into each of these facilities.
In addition, we allow guide dogs to the hotel using our dog friendly rooms or adapted rooms. It is necessary to co-ordinate with our Reservations team if you are bringing either your pet or your Guide dog with you. The normal overnight charge for dogs is waived for guide dogs.